REVIEW: BECCA CHAMPAGNE POP

Sunday, October 18, 2015






Oh, highlighters...you seem so unnecessary. My cheekbones are pretty much non-existent (not anymore thanks to you, contouring!) and this highlighter gives them a glow that I never thought was possible...or would look normal.

I had heard so much about Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors in their classic shades like Opal and Moonstone, but highlighters just seemed like such an unnecessary step to me. Yes, beauty gurus look stunning and glowing when they top off their makeup look with a highlighter, but I thought real people like me would look crazy in every day life wearing something glowy on my face.

Girl, I was so wrong. I have watched Jaclyn Hill's videos on YouTube for a while now, and she always wears a beautiful highlighter. I had been considering the more affordable highlighter on the market, The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer, when Jaclyn Hill announced her collaboration with Becca Cosmetics to release her own shade of their famous Shimmering Skin Perfector - called Champagne Pop.

YAAAASSSS, JACLYN! This highlighter is stunning. It is the perfect mixture of warmth and glow. I was worried that this would be too warm of a highlight for my pale skin, but it's perfect. This thing ain't cheap, but hear me out. This highlighter will last forever. FOR.EV.ER. The way I like to use it is by applying it to the tops of my cheekbones, and sweeping it along the apples of my cheeks to give a radiant glow.  I also apply a bit just above my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupids bow.  But it doesn't end there; this highlighter makes a beautiful eyeshadow, too! 

Do you use a highlighter?What is your favorite?


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lovely! I found some on eBay, but people were bidding like crazy to get it. Thought I'd wait until things cool down to look again. Did pick up some Opal to try next time I "put my face on"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This suits you so much! The highlighter looks so pretty too, I am so annoyed I didn't order it.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like you I always assumed it would be too much for everyday use, so I don't own any.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete