REVIEW: NOT YOUR MOTHER'S DRY SHAMPOO

Sunday, November 08, 2015



I used to wash my hair every.single.day...and I cringe at the thought of doing that now. It was just such a process; wash your hair, condition your hair, now it's a tangled mess that you have to try and comb out. Nuh uh! I was DONE with it.

Years ago, my friend Gina told me that she used dry shampoo and I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea. How could a few sprays of something magically transform your hair into looking just-washed? I was intrigued, so you know me...I headed to the drugstore.

My morning routine is forever changed. I could wake up with my hair looking a wreck, and somehow dry shampoo fixes it. Dry shampoo is offered by many different companies, and most of the time comes in an aerosol can. Just section your hair and apply the product at the roots. Then use your hands to shake the product around - dry shampoo is intended to absorb excess oils and clean your hair without water. By nature, the product is white and chalky, so you want to make sure you're distributing the product evenly so that it blends in. My favorite is Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo (psst, they're always buy one get one half off at Ulta, get it girl!) I never have any issues with any product showing on my hair, and that's saying something considering my dark hair color. Thanks to this product, I can now go 2-4 days without washing my hair, and that has made Jen a very happy girl.

What is your favorite dry shampoo?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really like Amika's Perk Up Dry Shampoo! I got in my birchbox a couple months ago, and it's the only dry shampoo that I've tried that actually seems to do anything. I'll definitely have to try out Not Your Mother's next though when I run out of my little Amika trial size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYM's is my favorite dry shampoo as well! I don't have such dark hair so I'm glad to hear that you also don't have a problem with it showing. The way previous dry shampoos would leave my hair feeling always make me cringe! It felt gross. Still, dry shampoo is dry shampoo and if I want my hair to feel clean, I should wash it.. BUT, Not Your Mother's totally got the formula to be the least offensive!

    Much Love!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete