L'ORÉAL TRUE MATCH LUMI CUSHION FOUNDATION

Sunday, March 06, 2016











I'm back! I know it's been a minute, but I'm thrilled to share this post with you because the photos were taken with my new camera. 

Cushion foundations came at us out of nowhere, and to be honest, I thought they were quite gimmicky. The idea is that a liquid foundation is soaked into a sponge, or "cushion", providing a lightweight, fresh application. 

I do not tend to go for lightweight, or light coverage foundations, because I have redness on my cheeks that I like to cover up. However, L'Oréal states that this is "buildable, customizable coverage" so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'll be honest, I didn't like this when I first tried it. I think that's because I was comparing it to other foundations that I love that provide much higher coverage, and more of a matte finish. Of course, that's not what this is so that wasn't a fair comparison.

I really like this. It comes with a sponge applicator that works great, and is probably the best way to go about applying this if you're new to these types of foundations. I've also applied it with a brush and got similar results. This foundation provides a luminous finish, without making you look oily. The nicest compliment I received when wearing this foundation was that my makeup looked natural, and some days, that's exactly what I want. Is this buildable? Ehhhh...not very. On this day I used some concealer to cover up some of my redness on my lower cheek area, and I loved how it looked. I also set the perimeter of my face with powder to make the foundation last and allow my other powder products to go on smoothly.

If you are looking for something to even out your skin tone with a natural look and finish, I'd say this is right up your alley. I can't wait to start using this in the summer months - I think it will be perfect to add a bit of coverage, while not feeling like you're wearing a thick layer of foundation. Another plus? Since it's a compact, you can take it on the go for touch-ups. What other liquid foundation can you say that about?

Have you tried cushion foundations? What is your favorite?

You Might Also Like

0 comments