GARNIER MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER

Monday, March 21, 2016







Are you totally unfamiliar with micellar waters? Yeah, so was I. When I first started watching UK YouTubers, they always talked about Bioderma, a brand of micellar cleansing water. It's not readily accessible in the US, and I just plain wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

Micellar waters are touted as a powerful, yet gentle makeup remover; removing even waterproof and long-wear makeup. You apply it to a cotton round, smooth it over your face, and voila! Your makeup has been gently removed with no need to rinse afterward.

The first micellar water I found was from the Sephora brand, but I quickly moved onto the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Firstly, the Garnier cleansing water is available at a wide selection of stores. Also, the Sephora cleansing water has a scent, and I like that the Garnier one doesn't. I first tried using micellar water with cotton rounds to remove all of my makeup - face, eyes, everything. I tend to wear foundation, concealer, powders, and waterproof eye makeup on an every day basis. I had to use five or six cotton rounds soaked in micellar water to remove everything. I was already in the habit of using a cleansing oil to remove the majority of my makeup, so this definitely wasn't going to replace that. If you wear a light amount of makeup on a daily basis, I think this product would be perfect for you to remove all of it. Despite not being able to remove all of my makeup in one step, this still made its way into my skincare routine in a really important way.

After removing my makeup with a cleansing oil, I will soak one cotton round with micellar water and run it across my entire face, including eyes, to make sure that I have removed every stitch of makeup. I almost always end up removing the final bits of foundation and mascara from my face with this step. If I don't wash my face in the morning, I'll also use this on a cotton round to refresh and wake me up.

You can find Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water at a drugstore near you, or at Ulta.

What do you use to remove your makeup at the end of the day? Have you ever tried a Micellar Water?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Never tried this but I LOVE the simple one!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete