EMPTY PRODUCTS

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Happy Labor Day Weekend! Grab your Sunday morning coffee and settle in because I have a lot to talk about.


I watch a lot of beauty videos on YouTube (I mean A LOT), and always enjoy watching “Empties” videos. It says a lot to me when someone can go through an entire makeup or skincare product – they either loved it, or didn’t like it and kept using it so they didn’t waste it. Here are the most recent products I’ve used up:




Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil – I’m a changed woman. This stuff is INCREDIBLE. This is the first bottle I’ve gone through and when I was running low, I immediately placed a Sephora order to make sure I had it restocked before the first one ran out. At the end of the day, I use 3-4 pumps of this to remove my makeup. You apply the oil directly to your full face of makeup (I know, it sounds strange) and rub it all over your face and eyes. Then, rinse with warm water and a washcloth. This is a holy grail product for me…I won’t remove my makeup with anything else.

Boots Botanics All Bright Micellar Cleanser – There aren’t many micellar waters available in the United States, but I was thrilled when I found this one. I wanted something that I could use on a cotton pad to wipe my face after using my cleansing oil to make sure all traces of makeup were removed – enter the micellar water. It feels just like water working to unclog pores and dissolve makeup. I’ve tried using this alone to remove my eye makeup and it doesn’t quite do the job, but as a second step after my cleansing oil it's perfect. It’s also a great refresher to use in the morning.

KMS California Quick Blow Dry Spray – I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to cut down their blow dry time, but I’ll admit that I was a little skeptical about this one. After Kate from The Small Things Blog talked about this product, I had to try it. It’s not cheap, but if you want to give it a go, Ulta sells a travel size for $7 (I threw away the full size bottle I used up, so the travel size is pictured above). It definitely cuts a few minutes off my blow dry, and makes my hair feel softer and lighter.

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon – I received a sample of this from Sephora in black and let.me.tell.you. This stuff glides on like a dream, and is the blackest black. Because it’s waterproof, this eyeliner is great for tight lining. I’m using a different eyeliner right now, but I’ll definitely be repurchasing one of these when I need another black liner.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – I have this in the shade Trooper (black). Liquid eyeliner is intimidating, and this is the first one I have ever used. The tip of this liner is a brush rather than a felt tip, making it easy to form a crisp line. The pen-like design of this liner really helps first-time liquid liner users get used to it. I use this liner every single day. I'm using a small travel side right now to tide me over until I have to buy another.

What are some products you’ve used up recently? Anything you’ll be repurchasing?

You Might Also Like

0 comments