MY TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My husband and I took a trip over Labor Day weekend, and I wanted to share what I brought along with me in my travel makeup bag.

My bag is by the brand Trina, and I got it about a year ago at Target. I don't believe they sell this brand anymore, but Sonia Kashuk has a great offering of travel makeup bags. I find it so helpful to have a separate section for my makeup brushes so they don't make a mess of my makeup.

If this looks excessive, it's probably because it is. But look how nicely it all fits into the bag! I would be silly NOT to bring it all, right? Right?


  


Let's talk about the essentials...

I need a reliable base when traveling, and the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is my absolute favorite. I know I can rely on this to look flawless and stay in place all day. Urban Decay's Naked Skin Concealer is full coverage but still easy to blend.  Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso gives a light flush of color to my cheeks while also providing a radiant glow. The Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette is multi-purpose serving as bronzer, highlight, and even eyeshadow.
L'oreal Telescopic Mascara is waterproof and gives my lashes length and definition. We've already talked about my love for the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and this small size is perfect for travel. The NYX Micro Brow Pencil is an absolute essential in giving my brows definition (and bonus - it has a spoolie on one end) The Lorac Unzipped Palette is great for travel because it has everything I need -- a combination of matte and shimmer shades in neutral tones.  I have a variety of reliable brushes ranging from high-end (Sephora) to low end (E.l.f.) that help me get the job done.



Now, onto the extras that I probably could have lived without...

The Urban Decay Primer Potion in the shade Eden helps me keep my shadows in place all day, but I bet the Urban Decay concealer could have done a similar job. The NYX Wonderpencil is great for brightening up my eyes by applying in the waterline, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would have noticed.  I'm sure I could have used a brush or even my fingers to apply my foundation but why would I do that when I have the Beauty Blender in my life? And the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop was entirely unnecessary...but I had an internal satisfaction when my husband noticed that my cheeks were shimmering in the sunlight. Thanks, Jaclyn Hill. #HighlightOnFleek

What are your travel makeup essentials?

You Might Also Like

0 comments