MAC FIX PLUS

Saturday, January 30, 2016


I first heard about Mac Fix Plus when I started watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. I would mostly see beauty gurus use this spray to wet their brush before using a glittery eyeshadow, and I would think "yeah, but does that really do anything?" Yes honey, it does.

The MAC website describes Fix Plus as "A lightweight water mist that gently soothes and refreshes skin and finishes makeup." I would by no means call this a makeup setting spray, because I don't believe that the use of this product prolongs the wear of your makeup. But Fix Plus does something important that I don't believe any makeup setting spray does: spray this on your face as the last step of your makeup routine, and you'll find that all traces of that powdery finish or that cakey makeup look will disappear.

The real marvel of this product is it's effect on shimmer eyeshadows. I was recently gifted the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, and while the shimmer shadows are beautiful in the pan, I found that they didn't transfer to the lid with the same amount of glimmer. Enter Fix Plus, whose second ingredient is glycerine. Pack some shadow onto your brush, give it a spritz of Fix Plus, and watch the magic happen. Apply the shadow on your lid, and you'll find a much more pigmented, almost foiled shadow emerges.

Top swatch using Fix Plus, bottom swatch without

This spray is also great to use as a primer before applying your makeup, and throughout the application process by spraying your foundation brush or Beauty Blender before application. This stuff will be a definite repurchase when I run out.

Do you use Fix Plus?

You Might Also Like

0 comments