THANK YOU

Saturday, January 02, 2016

I started watching beauty gurus on YouTube and reading blogs during the first half of 2014. It almost became an obsession...I read blogs on my breaks at work, I watched YouTube videos during lunch, and set up my iPad at home to watch them as I made dinner in the evening. Inevitably, my husband would hear and watch some of what I was watching and say, "You could do that. You should start making videos", to which I laughed and just kept watching.

The more time went on, and the more he encouraged me, I thought "hey, maybe I could do this..." then somehow I would quickly convince myself that I was being ridiculous and that I should just continue to be a viewer. So, back to my subscription box I went.

It was a conversation with a friend that really motivated me to take action. We were talking about ideas I wanted to write about, and she was so enthusiastic and encouraging, saying that she would read what I had to say, an felt that many others would, too. I knew I didn't have the money to  invest in the fancy equipment that is used by many of the YouTubers I watch, but I knew that I had thoughts and opinions on beauty and makeup, and that a blog might be a better way to start. On a whim, on a Sunday morning, I tried a new facial cleanser and decided to write about my experience.

As I reflect on 2015, I want to say thank you. Thank you to my friends and family who have been supporting me by reading this blog and watching my videos (even my dad...who clearly has no interest in makeup). Thank you to the people I have never met who found my blog on a google search, or through another blog or YouTuber, and continue to come back.

Being a blogger is much more difficult than I ever thought. I absolutely love the moments when I am absolutely motivated to write, or when I take photos for a post that turn out so much better than I could have imagined. The feeling I get when the writing and photos come together to "say" what I was envisioning is so satisfying. The best feeling is reading the comments I get - real people telling me that what I have written has helped or impacted them. This is the reason I blog.

Thank you for your support in 2015. I am looking forward to continuing my blog and YouTube channel in 2016, improving and learning along the way.

You Might Also Like

0 comments