CHARCOAL PORE STRIPS: DRUGSTORE vs HIGH END

Sunday, April 24, 2016





I was never one to use pore purifying strips. I tried the original Biore pore strips (you know, the white ones) when I was in high school, but I didn't feel that they made much of a difference. 

For at least the last year and a half, I have been wearing a liquid foundation almost every single day. While I have never been one to suffer from breakouts (for which I am very thankful) I do feel that my skin could use some extra care from all of the makeup I wear.

I know that Boscia is a well known skincare brand, and heard itsJudytime talking about them, saying they are her favorite pore strips. At the same time, I was in Ulta and saw that Biore came out with a new Charcoal line of pore strips and skincare items. Why not put them both to the test?

The instructions for using both of these brands are the same: cleanse your skin, thoroughly wet your nose and apply the strip, making sure that the entire strip comes in contact with your skin. Wait 10-15 minutes for the strip to dry, then slowly peel it off.

So, did I notice a difference? The Boscia strips give you a cooling feeling while they are drying, and I didn't find that same sensation with the Biore strips. I don't know about you, but I want to feel like my skincare products are doing something when they're on my skin, and I really enjoyed the cooling sensation from the Boscia strips. Also, Boscia focuses on the fact that their strips are free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, phthalates, and triclosan. d Biore doesn't mention anything about what their strips are made without, so it does make me question if their strips contain any harmful ingredients.

Both of the strips left my skin feeling very soft, but I feel that I noticed a bit more of a difference with the Boscia strips...they just seemed to pick up a bit more dirt from my pores.

So, which is better? The Boscia strips focus more on absorbing dirt and oil, while the Biore strips really focus more on absorbing oil. My skin isn't particularly oily, so I prefer what the Boscia strips have to offer over the Biore ones.

You can find the Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips at Ulta, a pack of 6 strips for $6.99, while the Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips come in a pack of 12 strips at Sephora for $28.

Do you use pore purifying strips? What brand is your favorite?

You Might Also Like

0 comments